You will need to fill out an Application/Renewal Form. You must reside in the California county where the application is submitted. You will need to provide current documentation with your application as follows:
- A copy of your doctor’s recommendation.
- Proof of identity. This can be a valid California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) driver’s license or identification (ID) card or other valid government-issued photo ID card.
- Proof of residency which can be:
- Rent or mortgage agreement,
- Utility bill, or
- California DMV motor vehicle registration.
- You must apply in person at your county’s program. There you will be asked to:
- Pay the fee required by your county program. Medi-Cal beneficiaries will receive a 50% reduction in the application fee.
- Have your photo taken at the county’s program office. This photo will appear on your MMIC.